You are here: Home > News and Events > Coronavirus (Covid-19) – courts reopen for restricted play
We’re pleased and excited to confirm that our courts will be open for restricted play from tomorrow (Saturday 16th May) at 8am. You can now book a court online between 8am – 10pm from here:
All annual pass holders (previously known as Key Fob holders) and existing Swindon Tennis Club members can now login as usual and book courts.
If you are not an annual pass or club member, you can either join the annual pass or pay and play at £5 per hour. You can now book and pay online for pay and play bookings too.
Please note: to access the courts you will now need to book a court. If you are booking a court past daylight hours on courts 1-4 you will be charged £5 for floodlights, which is payable online. The floodlights will now turn on automatically when booking a floodlit court. At presents courts 1-4 will be floodlit from 8pm onwards.
You will notice we have installed new SmartAccess gates to the facility. The new gates will improve the booking and access of the courts for players. If you have an active Key Fob membership, the blue key fobs will no longer be required, but don’t worry your membership (if you have one) will still be active.
When we reopen, you will be able to access the courts in the following way:
1. Visit our website and select “Book a Court“. You can also download the ClubSpark Booker app on iOS and Android to book via a mobile device. Please note you will now need to book a court to access the gates.
2. Choose a court and time to play.
3. Receive an online access pin code via email
4. Enter the access code at the gate, your access code will be valid for the duration of your booking. Simply turn up and type your code.
5. Start playing and enjoy your game.
Please note: you will now have to book online to access the courts.
Not a member, and want to join?
If your annual household membership has lapsed or if you would like to join for the first time, you will be able to access our courts for your whole household for just £30 per annum, that’s 8p per day! You can join online and as soon as we reopen you will be able to book courts and enjoy a game of tennis!
To join please click here
Important information on restricted play
We have worked tirelessly to ensure our courts can be accessed safely, with the current social distancing measures in place. The key rules are:
1. Maximum of 2 players per court, unless players are from the same household in which case doubles is permitted.
2. Follow all rules from the attached infographic (which is also displayed at the entry points of the courts) and maintain social distancing of 2m at all times.
We will be monitoring usage and enforcing these rules. If they are not followed we will be forced to close the facility. Therefore please keep to the rules and social distancing, and so long as the current Government restrictions do not tighten, the courts will remain open to enjoy.
Please note: the pavilion, coffee shop and toilets will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
If you have any issues with court bookings
If you have any issues booking a court or joining, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help:
– You can now LiveChat direct from our website
– Email: email@example.com
– Tel: 01793 200118 (8am-10pm)
We know how important it is for people to be active, and the particular role tennis can have in the physical and mental wellbeing of those that play it. By its very nature, tennis is an activity whereby close person to person contact can be avoided, with the Government saying tennis is a good example of an activity that can be undertaken in a way compliant with social distancing restrictions.
We hope you enjoy picking up a racket again and enjoying our amazing facilities. Thank you, enjoy our courts and stay safe.